Cryptocurrency is a virtual/digital currency i.e. a form of digital assets/tokens that exist outside of the control of the central authorities and governments. There are several cryptocurrencies, with many being introduced daily. So, for those who are interested, we have got our list of Top cryptocurrencies that you can follow for benefits.
List Of Top 50 Cryptocurrency :–
1) Bitcoin: Bitcoin or BTC, leads the Top cryptocurrencies list. This decentralized digital currency enables users to provide instant payments through peer-to-peer bitcoin network transfer.
2) Ethereum: Etherreum or Ether or ETH is an open-source blockchain that has smart contract functionality. It is the second-best cryptocurrency that processes quick transactions over the blockchain and also runs smart contracts.
3) Tether: Tether or UDST is a cryptocurrency wherein every UDST is backed by a US Dollar i.e. it facilitates transactions at a fixed rate of USD. Its focus is also on protecting people from market volatility.
4) Binance Coin: Binance Coin or BNB is a Binance exchange and trades issued cryptocurrency. Created in 2017for discounted trading fees, now it can be used for payments, travel bookings, financial services, online services, and entertainment also.
5) Cardano: Cardano or ADA is a blockchain, focused on smart contracts. Cardano tries to fix scalability and democratized voting issues that are being faced by the cryptocurrency world.
6) Dogecoin: This payment system was initially created as a joke, but now it is considered a very real legitimate investment cryptocurrency.
7) XRP: Ripple or XRP enables fast international banking transactions. It is specifically known for improving the speed of financial transactions (a few seconds) and making them available at a rather cheap rate.
8) USD Coin: USD Coin or U.S. Dollar Coin, or USDC is a digital ‘stable coin’ is based on Ethereum, Stellar, Algorand, and Solana blockchains and is pegged to the United States Dollar.
9) Polkadot: Polkadot is a heterogeneous, multi-chain architecture that enables communication and creation of an interconnected internet of blockchains between customized layer one ‘para chains’ and external networks.
10) Uniswap: Uniswap or UNI is a cryptocurrency and an automated liquidity provider that enables the easy exchange of Ethereum tokens.
11) Binance USD: Binance USD or BUSD is a highly regulated crypto stable coin backed by 1:1 USD. Thus, these digitized US Dollars can be redeemed and purchased at 1 BUSD or 1 US Dollar.
12) Bitcoin Cash: Bitcoin Cash or BCH was forked recently in 2017 from Bitcoin to facilitate increasing the block size of the Bitcoin blockchain to process more transactions at the same time.
13) Litecoin: Litecoin or LTC is similar to Bitcoin i.e. a peer-to-peer transaction platform that works as a digital currency. In comparison, it can handle higher transactions at lower prices. It is great for small daily transactions.
14) Solana: Solana or SOL is a decentralized, high-performance, Proof-of-Stake, and blockchain-supporting computing platform that focuses on solving blockchain scalability issues.
15) Chainlink: Established in 2017, Chainlink is a decentralized, yield farming platform, oracle network, and cryptocurrency. Chainlink’s token is Ethereum based and provides real-world data to smart contracts on the blockchain.
16) Polygon: Polygon or MATIC is an Ethereum token that is a scaling solution for Ethereum and powers Polygon Network. This protocol/framework can aggregate scalable solutions and connect Ethereum-compatible blockchain networks.
17) THETA: THETA is a decentralized cryptocurrency infrastructure used on the Theta Network that improves inefficiencies related to video streaming & delivery. It uses a peer-to-peer network to enable data powering for content on its network.
18) Wrapped Bitcoin: Wrapped Bitcoin or WBTC token allows Bitcoin holders to partake in decentralized finance apps. It uses Ethereum blockchain and 1 WBTC and is converted to 1 Bitcoin (and vice versa) through a WBTC partner.
19) Stellar: Stellar Lumens or XLM is Ripple based and is useful in making mobile & small daily payments. Also, it helps in fast international transactions at less fees.
20) Ethereum Classic: Ethereum was hard forked, and Ethereum Classic came about to recover losses gained due to the hacking of Ethereum in 2016.
21) Dai: Dai is a ‘stable coin’ Ethereum blockchain-based cryptocurrency. It works through an automated smart contracts system to maintain the value of 1 Dai close to 1 USD.
22) VeChain: VeChain’s is a self-circulating, expanding, distributed, and trust-free business ecosystem based on blockchain technology. It reduces wasteful information transfer systems, eliminates counterfeiting in the luxury & fashion industry, includes food safety tracking systems, etc.
23) TRON: Founded by Justin Sun in 2017, TRON or TRX is a blockchain cryptocurrency that aims at building a free global digital content entertainment system.
24) Filecoin: Filecoin is a public, open-source cryptocurrency digital payment system that was released in 2014. It is a blockchain-based data retrieval method and lets its users rent unused hard drive space.
25) Monero: Monero or XMR is like Bitcoin, but different in the sense that it can be used as an anonymous payment system. XMR does cryptonic hashing of receiving addresses so that the purchaser is concealed.
26) EOS: EOS is a blockchain protocol-based decentralized system that is based on smart contracts, conducts transactions as much as millions/second, and eliminates transaction fees.
27) Egoras: Egoras or EGR is a cryptocurrency token used to pay transaction fees through the Egoras network. It provides its users voting rights in the Egoras Voting System & ensures the stability of Daric token.
28) ShibaToken: Shiba Token or SHIB is a decentralized cryptocurrency, developed using the SHIBA INU ecosystem. Ethereum-based, the Shiba token is an alternative to Dogecoin.
29) Aave: AAVE is a decentralized, open-source, and non-Custodial finance market protocol. Here, users can be depositors who provide liquidity to the market/borrowers who borrow cryptocurrencies by paying the variable interest rate.
30) Bitcoin SV: Bitcoin Satoshi Vision or Bitcoin SV was forked from the Bitcoin Cash blockchain in 2018. It reduces the transaction fees by adjusting the size of the blocks to large.
31) Crypto.com Coin: Crypto.com Coin is an Ethereum token that powers Crypto.com Pay. It focuses to let the users pay for services/goods with cryptocurrency to receive cash-back rewards.
32) Algorand: Algorand is an open-source proof-of-stake blockchain technology that uses Algorand MainNet. It selects the users on a secret and random basis to vote on proposals and also to propose blocks.
33) Klaytn: Klaytn or KLAY is a public, open-source, and user-friendly blockchain platform. The price page Klaytn is a part of Crypto.com Price Index.
34) Bitcoin BEP2: Bitcoin BEP2 or BTCB is a Bitcoin pegged token issued by crypto exchange Binance, issued on Binance Chain, and backed by Bitcoin in reserve.
35) PancakeSwap: PancakeSwap or CAKE is a decentralized Exchange allowing users to trade tokens and cryptocurrencies without any intermediary. It is used in PancakeSwap ecosystem through Binance Smart Chain.
36) Amp: AMP is a digital asset Ethereum token used to collateralize payments on Flexa Network. This extensible platform helps in making secure and instant digital payments.
37) Neo: NEO is an open-source, decentralized, blockchain application platform. This smart contract platform supports applications in a variety of programming languages.
38) FTX Token: FTX token is a cryptocurrency Derivatives Exchange that leverages tokens & OTC trading and moves the derivatives space to become institutional grade.
39) Tezos: Tezos or XTZ is an open-source, decentralized, and energy-efficient Proof-of-Stake blockchain network. This platform can deploy smart contracts and execute peer-to-peer transactions.
40) Cosmos: Cosmos or ATOM is a cryptocurrency referred to as ‘The Internet of the Blockchains’ that enables streamlining of transactions between various blockchains such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
41) UNUS SED LEO: UNUS SED LEO or LEO is a cryptocurrency token that operates on the Ethereum platform and is used through the iFinex ecosystem.
42) IOTA: IOTA/MIOTA is a cryptocurrency designed for the Internet of Things. It usees an acyclic graph and stores transactions in its open-source distributed ledger. It can provide high scalability than blockchain-based ledgers.
43) Terra: Founded by Terraform Labs, Terra or LUNA is a ‘stable coin’ cryptocurrency that enables price-stable global payments and focuses on mass adoption.
44) Maker: Maker or MKR is a decentralized ‘stable coin’ that is Ethereum blockchain-based. It has an autonomous Ethereum smart contract system that can react to market fluctuations to keep 1 Dai equal to 1 USD.
45) Theta Fuel: The Theta Fuel or TFUEL is a native token on the Theta blockchain and works through the Theta Network. It can be purchased from any crypto-exchange platform around the world.
46) Wrapped BNB: Wrapped BNB or WBNB is a cryptocurrency standard that allows tokens on the Binance Smart Chain to be used by various other applications including wallets, decentralized exchanges, etc.
47) Kusama: Built using almost the same codebase as Polkadot and described as the wild cousin of Polkadot, Kusama is a scalable proof-of-stake blockchain platform developed by Gavin Wood, the founder of Polkadot in 2019.
48) Avalanche: Avalanche is a decentralized open-source platform that deploys enterprise blockchain and launches finance applications – all into a single, interoperable, and highly scalable ecosystem.
48) SafeMoon: Created as recently as March 2021, SafeMoon is a cryptocurrency token that is created through Binance Smart Chain Blockchain.
50) TerraUSD: Terra USD or UST is an algorithmic Interchain stable coin, which is pegged against the US Dollars by Terra LUNA. With UST, the cost of minting is the same as the face value of the stable coins that are minted.
So, this was our List of top cryptocurrency, specifically the top 50. Understand that this list keeps on being updated as the ranks change or new cryptocurrencies get added.