GOOGLE CLOUD PLATFORM
Google Cloud Platform
Google Cloud Platform is a suite of public cloud computing services offered by Google. The platform includes a range of hosted services for compute, storage and application development that run on Google hardware.
Google Cloud Platform services can be accessed by software developers, cloud administrators and other enterprise IT professionals over the public internet or through a dedicated network connection.
Google Cloud Platform offerings
- Google Cloud Platform offers services for compute, storage, networking, big data, machine learning
- Google Compute Engine, which is an infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) offering that provides users with virtual machine instances for workload hosting
- Google App Engine, which is a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offering that gives software developers access to Google's scalable hosting
- Google Cloud Storage, which is a cloud storage platform designed to store large, unstructured data sets
- Google Container Engine, which is a management and orchestration system for Docker containers that runs within Google's public cloud. Google Container Engine is based on the Google Kubernetes container orchestration engine.
Google Cloud Higher-level services
Google continues to add higher-level services, such as those related to big data and machine learning, to its cloud platform.
For artificial intelligence (AI), Google offers its Cloud Machine Learning Engine, a managed service that enables users to build and train machine learning models. Various APIs are also available for the translation and analysis of speech, text, images and videos.