Going with the standard definition – compatibility means the capability to exist together. Even software needs to be compatible to the various applications and mobile application testing is the task which guarantees that whether or not a software application being tested is compatible and whether it suits the demands and desires of the user. This mobile compatibility testing runs over a broad set of the client frameworks and configurations.
The main compelling force behind this mobile application testing is the ever expanding web browsers and the operating systems. It has also become necessary to ensure that the product prepared works according to the way it is planned to, it also reduces the risk of costly bugs entering the market or the production. Also mobile application testing makes sure that the applications built by the enterprises are scalable and accessible across the various platforms. In addition to this, the testing also ensures that the mobile application developer has been successful by testing the app's usability, consistency and also the functionality.
Mobile app development has been evolving everyday and the more it evolves the more complex it gets and then the necessity for an end to end testing is felt that is right from the development of the application up to it being used by the users.
To sum up, the main objective of mobile app testing is to check an application's behavior across various platforms.
The information below will help you understand better why it is so crucial to perform mobile testing on the applications:
1 ) ASSURANCE OF QUALITY: As soon as the app developers finish developing their application they do a mobile testing to ensure the quality of the application that whether the app will be able to perform all the functions seamlessly or not for instance – functions such as downloading and execution. This holds strong the compatibility of the app with it’s existing infrastructure. It can be done in two ways: One is manual testing and the other is scripted testing.
2 ) IMPROVEMENT IN THE APP USER INTERFACE: It takes up simple layouts for the application user interface like
• Is it easy to navigate? The app should have a logic flow in the content being used. The app should provide more touch space than the keyboard and the users should not strain when it come to typing.
• Search Feature should be included: The app should have a search feature. It is a better aid when it comes to navigation.
• Share options must be present: The user must be able to tag his or her friends on social media via the share options that should be made available.
• Less time in loading of page: Developers should make sure that the time needed to load the pages as the users become impatient when it is response time.
• Feedback should not be missed: The app should be designed in such a way that the users are able to share their feedback that is about their experience of using the app and it is very important.
3 ) HELPS IN BRAND BUILDING: You may be wondering how mobile app testing helps in building brand so here is how – after testing chances are less that the app will not be performing up to the mark as no user likes under performing apps.
4 ) DRAWS THE ATTENTION OF LOYAL CUSTOMERS: If the mobile application is fully functioning and all the aspects are up to the mark then the app is sure to make a lot of fans in the market. This means that a strong user base comes handy.
5 ) SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION: Testing allows you to score a better ranking and so sufficient attention should be paid to search engine optimization. It also helps your app to get rid of bugs and crashes.
Through this article you have come to know that how important mobile app testing is and how it’s helps to ensure the performance of the app. These mobile compatibility testing should neither be compromised nor underestimated. In addition to this all the leading Mobile App Development companies like Techasoft do this mobile application testing before the users use their application.