Most of the mobile company uses Android OS to their devices because of its secure and high-performing feature. The android also releases updates with new features due to this many android users’ updates to the latest android version. In this blog, we will learn how to check the android version and how to update the android version. Below is the information about the previous version of androids.
Android OS History
The android operating system was introduced by the giant company called Google as an alternative to iOS of Apple and the following are the latest android version names.
Android 1.0 to 1.1 - This is the first version of Google OS which supports basic applications like Gmail, Maps, Calendar, and YouTube.
Cupcake - This version is called as Android 1.5 or Cupcake and it was released in the year 2009, this version has application for on-screen keyboard and framework for third-party apps.
Éclair - This is the Android 2.0-2.1 Version and it has features such as voice navigation, zoom capability, and real-time traffic information.
Gingerbread - It was released in the year 2010 and this the Android 2.3 version. It has a special feature of the blue and green interface.
Honeycomb - This Android 3.0-3.2 version was released in the year 2011 and it is designed specifically for tablet devices.
Android 4.0 - This is also called Ice Cream Sandwich and it was released in the year 2011, has a holographic appearance.
Lollipop - This is the name of the Android 5.0-5.1 version and it holds the major changes and this change was material design standard to unify the appearance of items.
Marshmallow - This is the name of the Android 6.0 version that was released in the year 2015.
Nougat - This is the name of Android 7.0-7.1 version and it was released in the year 2016, it has the special feature of Google assistant and native split-screen mode.
Pie or Android 9 - This was released in August 2018 and it has the updates of a large home and small back buttons.
Android 10 - It is the latest android version and it has several updates.
These are the latest android version names.
Features Of Android 10
The following are the best features of Android 10 and these features will tempt you to upgrade to the latest version.
Live Caption: it facilitates to play caption automatically
Smart Reply: it will help you to reply in a smart way by recommending actions
Sound Amplifier: this feature will help you to adjust the audio settings clearer
Dark Theme: this will save your battery and protect your eyes from blue light
Enhanced Security Settings: this setting will help you protect your privacy data more securely
Focus Mode: this focus mode enables the users to stay focused by minimizing the distractions from the phone
Let’s see how to check and upgrade the Latest Android Version.
When you decide to upgrade your phone, check that your device has a memory or check if they withstand the update, and based upon the type of device, the method of the latest android version download may vary.
To See The Current Android Version On Your Phone.
* Open the settings application in your phone
* At the bottom of the screen, you will see the System
* Click on the System and you will see the option Advanced
* Tap on advanced and you will see an update option
* Click on the update option, then you can see your Android version and security patch level
* Before you go update, check your backup data and memory space
* Back up your data regularly this will help you to avoid the situation of risking your data.
* Verify your available memory space, this will help you to upgrade to a certain memory level to withstand the update.
* This checking of version varies from version to version.
For Nougat And Above Version
* Swipe on the device screen
* Open the Settings app
* And tap About phone, if your device is tablet then tap on About tablet
* Click on the software information
* Then your android version will be displayed
On Marshmallow, Lollipop And KitKat OS
* Open the device
* Click on the applications
* Tap the setting option
* And click on About device
* Scroll down and click on the Android version.
For Jelly Bean And Other Operating Systems
* Tap on the application
* And click on settings
* Press About phone or about tablet.
* Then scroll down to the Android version.
Get The Latest Updates On Your Phone
* Ensure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi
* Open the setting application on your phone
* And select upon the option phone
* Inside the phone option, you will see a check for updates
* Tap on the check for updates
* If the new update is available, click on install now
* And now reboot the device
* Now your system is updated with a new android version
How To Upgrade Android Version
Most of the system updates and security patches will happen automatically.
* To check whether an update is available or not
* Open the settings application
* Tap on the security option
* Check for an update in the menu
* To check security update
* Tap on the security update
* Then follow further instructions that appear on the screen.
Using Upgrade Packages
Usually, the official website of the device manufacturers will update some system files for consumers to download and upgrade. To begin this process, you can go to the download center and download the system upgrade package based on your phone model. After the completion of the download, store the package in the micro SD card.
To Update The OS To Latest Android Version,
* Go to settings
* Click on About phone
* Tap on system update
* Your phone will show the available package and click on the latest android version download
* Now install the package and reboot the device
* Now the Android version will be available on your device
Upgrading To The Latest Android Version Using Rooting Device
It is the most powerful method to upgrade your system and it facilitates a seamless update of Android 10. Rooting your phone will give you super administration power over various android subsystems.
To Root Your Phone, Follow The Instructions
* Download a root app from web
* Install the application on your website
* By following the corresponding prompts, root your phone
* Reboot your device
* Now you can access the latest version of the Android OS
Google has announced after the release of Pie, they will follow a numerical order for their upcoming OS versions. Now Google has launched, Android 11 developer preview.
When Will It Be Released?
It is expected to be announced in May month but due to the corona outbreak, this announcement will get open later. Also, it is expected to be announced in the virtual channels and it is convenient for all models of phone including pixels.
In February 2020 google released its first developer preview and you will receive OTA updates if you are running developer preview on your phone. The second preview update has a hingle angle for a foldable device, support for variable refresh rate, scoped storage updates, synchronized IME transitions, and much more.
The Top Features Of Android 11
This feature was present in the Android 1o and it is not accepted by most of the developers or OEM.
Improved Touch Sensitivity
We use tempered glass to cover the real glass of the device and this better touch sensitivity on the software side, which will bring flawless touch all the time.
Mute Notifications While Recording
You will get irritated when you are always being distributed by notification so this feature will help you out to mute notifications while you record.
This supports wireless charging.
This application will protect your privacy data and will be the siloed app for data protection.
Dark Mode Scheduling
Depending upon the time of use, it will change the device setting to normal and dark mode.
Share Menu App Pinning
You can pin the most featured app.
This will allow permission like location, camera, and data while the app is on running condition.
Android 12 is the latest version of the Android operating system, released in September 2021. It comes with several new features and improvements, including:
The Top Features Of Android 12
Material You design: Android 12 introduces a new design language called Material You, which allows users to personalize the look and feel of their device by selecting a custom color palette.
Privacy enhancements: Android 12 includes several new privacy features, including a Privacy Dashboard that shows users which apps are accessing their data, and the ability to easily revoke app permissions.
Improved performance: Android 12 includes several optimizations that improve overall system performance, including faster app launch times and improved power management.
Enhanced notifications: Notifications have been redesigned in Android 12, making them more visually appealing and easier to interact with.
New camera and microphone indicators: Android 12 includes new indicators that show when the camera or microphone are in use, giving users more control over their privacy.
Improved accessibility: Android 12 includes several new accessibility features, including new controls for adjusting the size and position of items on the screen.
AVIF image support: Android 12 now supports the AVIF image format, which offers better image quality and smaller file sizes than traditional image formats.
To update to Android 12, users need to have a compatible device and check for updates in their device settings. The update process may vary depending on the device manufacturer and carrier.
To know more about latest android version keep in touch with our blogs article, here we will update all the latest android version list.